Mesothelioma Treatment and Diagnosis Links
For information on mesothelioma diagnosis and treatment, please first look at the easy to read site information linked on the left side of your screen.
For additional information and greater details on mesothelioma diagnosis and treatment, many people will find the following three links easy to understand and helpful:
Other Mesothelioma and Asbestos/Toxic Links
First, read the site links at left on Mesothelioma and Asbestos.
For additional information and greater detail you may want to look at some of the following links:
- Gary DiMuzio discusses the asbestos companies failure to adequately warn people about the dangers of asbestos in ground breaking series of articles jointly produced by the Center for Public Integrity and the BBC:
- For the entire series of articles and audio clips regarding the continuing international use of asbestos see:
- Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia has an overview of mesothelioma including information regarding treatment and the history of knowledge regarding the dangers of asbestos:
- The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has several major reports on asbestos on its web site. The following link has a timeline of knowledge of the dangers of asbestos and actual asbestos company documents showing that many companies not only knew of the dangers, but made a conscious decision to not warn people.
- Given the long standing knowledge of the dangers of asbestos, some find it difficult to believe that is not totally banned in the United States. Additionally, asbestos companies are actually trying to expand the use of asbestos in the developing world. Appallingly, the same arguments and paid for ‘doubt” science that the asbestos companies use in the courtroom across the United States is being used to promote what they call the “Safe Use” of asbestos in countries like Brazil, India and China. The International Ban Asbestos Secretariat (IBAS) is a wonderful organization that promotes total bans on asbestos internationally by helping groups from many countries and keeping an eye on the activities of the international asbestos companies. Its link is:
- For a good overview of how companies kept the public in the dark regarding the dangers of cancer causing chemicals, it would be difficult to find a better example than the Bill Moyers PBS special Trade Secrets. The blow link contains even more information than was presented in the original television broadcast. The emphasis in the television program was the dangers of the chemical vinyl chloride, and the various health problems it has been associated with including angiosarcoma liver cancer.